8.03.2008

[I LOVE BETTY LA FEA - PHILIPPINES] Ruffa Gutierrez, the contravida

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


RUFFA Gutierrez
plays her first villain role ever in ABS-CBN's "I Love Betty La Fea," that of Daniella, the *****y executive who makes life miserable for Betty (Bea Alonzo.) Didn't she have second thoughts about being a contravida?

"The truth is inasam ko talaga ang role na ito," she says at the special lunch hosted for her by ABS-CBN. "I really think I could give justice to it. When I heard it'll be offered to me, na-excite ako and I asked my mom if may offer nga sa'kin to play it. Talagang inabangan ko ito. It's a totally new character dahil walang ganito sa original Colombian version. Merong character na lalaki named Daniel. In the US version, merong ganitong character, Wilhelmina, played by Vanessa Williams, but we'll steer far from her as she's more corporate. Ako, I'll be more flamboyant, colorful, also more scheming and vicious. Dati akong model na nalaos and now vice president of a fashion magazine, Ecomoda. But I'm very ambitious at gusto ko, ako ang maging president. I'll do everything to be on top.

"Daniella is parang Meryl Streep in 'The Devil Wears Prada,' but more *****y. Contravida ako but mamahalin din ng viewers as I'm a fashionista who gets to wear signature clothes, shoes, bags and jewelry. Aapihin ko si Bea rito, but with class. Gagayahin din ako lalo na ng mga bading, kasi marami akong memorable lines at dialogue dito they'll find amusing. But in the end, it'll be shown that I have a past and viewers will understand why I behave that way and they'll sympathize with me also. Just like in real life, very caring ako sa mga kapatid ko and my younger sister here is Marcella, played by Megan Young."

Will she have extra budget to be able to play her high-profile role well?

"Wala nga. Baka nga maubos na ang suweldo ko sa shoes ko pa lang kasi size 10 ako't walang kasya sa'kin dito so I have to import my shoes. Buti na lang I talked to my designer friends and they're willing to lend me their creations to be worn in the show. Ang branded bags naman, I will just borrow from my mom. Pati my own stylist, akong magbabayad. Pero okay lang as I really want to be able to portray the role persuasively."

We've noticed she has become a fine comedienne in "Desperadas" and "Monster Mom." "I don't know pero kung minsan nga, wala pa naman akong ginagawa sa taping, natatawa na sila sa akin as Daniella. In the '90s, my fans were truck drivers. Now, AB crowd na dahil may fans na akong restaurant owners."

How is it working with the cast of "Betty La Fea"?

"First time ko to work with them, like Bea and Vhong Navarro, and we had a workshop. Lahat sila, mababait, walang ere, kaya enjoy ako. But we don't know yet up to now who'll play the leading man, Armando."

She has become so busy taping "Betty La Fea" three times a week. "Then I host 'The Buzz' on Sunday. When the shooting of 'Desperadas' start, I won't have a life anymore, what with all the endorsements pa that I'm doing."

So how's her lovelife?

"Wala. Okay na 'yung career muna kasi I had a lovelife na before and now we're estranged."

What about the foreign cager said to be wooing her?

"Wala na. Natalo 'yung team nila. E, he's an import, 'di ayun, umuwi na sa kanila and no more communication. At saka he's so young. I want someone older and wiser."

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts with Thumbnails